cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO line does not dial out

josephmiller69
Level 1
Level 1

My FXO line does not consistently dial out -- in fact it only connects about 1 in 4 times -- the rest of the time it just disconnects directly after dialing.   The screen flashes 'connected' for a very brief time and then disconnects.    Inbound dialing is good 100% of the time.

Anybody have any ideas on this one?

2 Replies 2

flamaison
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

I had the same issue using GSM Gateway on one of my FXO ports. Incoming was working fine but outgoing was working 3-4 times and then stopped working until I reset the gateway. I supposed it was the hang-up tone that was not appropriate because the line stayed sometimes on hold.

I solved it by tweaking the impedance, type of line in the FXO management. I used the Impedance Matching Tool to test the line (had to do it several times to get a result) and changed my settings to the recommanded values.

More information here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16469#FXO_Impedance_Matching_Tool_Screenshot

Hope it will solve your problem.

Hi Joseph,

What is your UC320W FXO port connected to (telco, voip ata, GSM gateway, etc)?  Have you run the impedance matching on all of your port (FXO page of the configuration utility)?  Suggest enabling logs on your problem FXO port (Status -> Support Tools -> Log) FXO logs may give you a clue in what is happening. 

Chris