Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Freezing on Cisco SPA509G

Hey all, I'm having an odd issue. Our phones keep freezing when we do certain things. This hasn't been as big of an issue, just when we forget to. But our phones freeze up if we hit a button setup for the parking lot whenever the phones off the hook. If needed I'll try to reword this better. But is there any way we can prevent it from freezing? I'll try to get a photo of the error next time it occurs.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Foto doesn't help so much. Is the phone running SCCP mode or SIP mode ? What's firmware version ? Can you turn on syslog&debug messages (highest level possible), capture them and attach them here ? Whats definition of parking lot button ?

Even with those information I may identify neither cause nor solution, but no chance to valuable advise with no detailed information.

All our extensions are running through SIP, connected to a FreePBX system. Most Of the Phones are running Firmware 7.6.2c, some are on 7.6.2. We have the bottom four buttons(line Key 9-12) setup as Parking Lots. They Are linked to parking lot extensions on the FreePBX. The Line Keys Extensions are all set to disabled. The Shared Call Appearance is set to private. And the extended function set to the syntax:

fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=7X@192.168.0.XXX;ext=7X@192.168.0.XXX

Well, "parking lot" keys are just standard sd+cp+blf. You have SIP phone, latest firmware - it look like common configuration. I have similar one on about 200 phones and it doesn't freeze.

So it's time for syslog&debug log captured just before phone freezes. And packet dump of SIP packets send by phone/received by phone (please provide it in binary form, with extension pcap.txt). 

Please note that log and dump may contain sensitive information (IP addresses, phone numbers, account names, but it contain no passwords).