cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add IMAP access to VoiceMail

gschafferjr
Level 1
Level 1

How can I add Voicemail access to email? I added another account in outlook and used 10.1.10.1 as the incoming/outgoing imap server and then my username@10.1.10.1 with my pin number for my voicemail but it says:

421 4.3.2 service not available

Any ideas? Also the only way I can ping or connect to 10.1.10.1 is by changing my ip address settings to use the uc 540 as the default gateway. I do not use it as the gateway for internet so this poses a problem for me... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

7 Replies 7

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Gregory,

This would indicate that the individual PC may not have a route to the UC's CUE Subnet, if this is the case you have one of two ways to do this without altering the network topology design as it stands.

1. Create a route to the CUE subnet in your SBS server making a path to the 10.1.10.X Subnet

or

2. Create a route on your edge device which is doing the routing for the network if the SBS server is not doing it

The other way would require some fundamental changes to the network which you may not want to do it

To use IMAP on the PC's they must have a path to the UC's CUE, on the 520/540 this is a loopback/BVI and on the UC-560 this is a VLAN-90.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Ok so our edge device is a Sonicwall NSA 240 (I know Sonicwall Sucks!). We

do not have a SBS. How do I go about setting up NAT or Routing or setting up

an interface to point to the data vlan 1 on the UC which is the 192.168.10.1

network while our pcs are on 192.168.1.1 subnet. I have turned off dhcp for

the default vlan 1 so it does not interfere with the sonicwall. Any more

guidance? What about the actual logging on to the server via IMAP and

getting that 421 error? Thank You All So Much

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! Not another Sonic wall You people are killing me

I didn't find much on how to configure this up to be able to help you with it, I don't like working with them so never bothered to learn them.

I found this PDF though which indicates you can do routing with it, just not sure exactly how you do it though as I cannot see the interface of one, I also found THIS article but not sure if this will help you as it is for a different model.

Basically you just need to make the Sonic aware of the route, just how to do that is beyond my technical experience with this hardware.

I hope someone else can assist you with this though, it would be a shame to see you struggle with it

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Ill give those pdfs a look but I have been struggling with setting this

stupid system while still integrating/using the sonicwall features etc....

Anyone else with some ideas please chime in. PLEASE! I am in desperate

need of some guidance. I hate sonicwall products but the client likes the

sonicwall gui interface... ugh Thanks for everything so far!

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

Hi Gregory,

If you are willing to give me TeamViewer access to your computer, I would be willing to look at getting the route added into your Sonic for you.

I would prefer if you were onsite for it, but if it is going to be this weekend then I wont be able to make any changes that I suspect would lock us out permanently

Your call and willing to help you on this.

Cheers,

David.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

IMAP configuration is very well explained in CUE documentation. However in summary:

1. create a group and assign vm.imap privilege to it
  2. make desired users to be members of said group.
  3. enable service imap (that in your case should have been done already).

Note, access is done with user password, not pin.

lgaughan
Level 1
Level 1

There is also a good docuemnt on setting up IMAP using CCA:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9688

But it sounds like you have a basic probelm with the route (which I unfortunately cannot help).

Laura