Views
Helpful
Replies

How to attach speed dials to line buttons in CCA

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I'm trying to create a regular speed dial on a phone's line button through CCA (UC540). I don't see a speed-dial option as a type for a button. I see normal line, shared line, watch, monitor, etc, but no speed-dial. I also see local and system speed-dials, but those are access through Directories button. How do I assign a speed-dial to one phone line button?

Roman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Roman,

There is not a speed-dial option for a button.  In CCA there is a speed-dial tab on that same page that will allow you to enter speed-dials.

One thing to note...  Speed-dials cannot be assigned to a specific button.  The 1st speed-dial will show up after the last button configured.   So, if you have a 6 button phone, with buttons 1 and 4 configured for extensions.  The 1st speed-dial would show up on button 5.

(If you are trying to add a speed-dial for local extensions, monitor buttons do work as a speed-dial.)

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Roman,

There is not a speed-dial option for a button.  In CCA there is a speed-dial tab on that same page that will allow you to enter speed-dials.

One thing to note...  Speed-dials cannot be assigned to a specific button.  The 1st speed-dial will show up after the last button configured.   So, if you have a 6 button phone, with buttons 1 and 4 configured for extensions.  The 1st speed-dial would show up on button 5.

(If you are trying to add a speed-dial for local extensions, monitor buttons do work as a speed-dial.)

Thank you,

Darren

Thank you, that worked for 7942's.

Now, I also have a 7965 with 7916 side car. I have first line button used on 7965, and some line buttons on 7916 used as monitors. How do I add speed dials on the 7965 buttons 2 through 6? If I add speeddial 1 it puts it on the 7916 next open button. Am I out of luck?