cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Investment Protection - What after 5th site?

telenieko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

There's one thing I could not get from all the available documentation about SBCS that maybe you can answer:

Imagine a 3 site deployment with UC540/UC560, and a bunch of SPA phones. Now the customer gets bigger: 6 sites.

What happens then? As far as I know he won't be able to add the 6th site on the SBCS deployment so he'd need to move to CUCME/CUCMBE but the SPA phones won't work there neither will the UC540/UC560.

Does a SBCS customer with SPA phones need to change everything when he wants more than 5 sites?

Thanks,

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Marc,

While it is true that a deployment that requires 6 sites is going to be to large for the UC500 platform.

You do have options

When you say sites, how many users at a site, you could look at UC560 at one location and hang a SR520 at the remote office for 6 to 8 users to use.

There a lot of options, but if the customer is going to have that large of a business, then they are probably not going to be a small business anymore.

I would call into Partner Design and ask for their help if this is a real scenario you are working on

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Marc,

While it is true that a deployment that requires 6 sites is going to be to large for the UC500 platform.

You do have options

When you say sites, how many users at a site, you could look at UC560 at one location and hang a SR520 at the remote office for 6 to 8 users to use.

There a lot of options, but if the customer is going to have that large of a business, then they are probably not going to be a small business anymore.

I would call into Partner Design and ask for their help if this is a real scenario you are working on

Thanks for the quick response Arthur.

The customer runs small branch offices (ie: 3-4 employees in each) so it seems the way to go would be UC560/UC540 on the not-so-small offices (ie: 8-10 employees) and if they open new offices just "hook" them from one of the bigger offices.

I'll work more on that scenario. thanks!