cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Key Auto-Repeat on 525G2

ConstMonza
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC320W installation with several 525G2 installed. There is one user in the group ( older aged user ) that pushes the buttons too long when dialing a number. The 525G2 then auto-repeats the numbers. For instance 9 for  an external line, then 1-450-234-2563. Now imagine holding down the 1 key too long and you get 911.

How do I disable the auto-repeat or change the timer for the auto-repeat on an SPA525G2

Thank you,

Catherine    

5 Replies 5

Chris Gabel
Level 1
Level 1

I have this exact issue. We have had several accidental 911 calls using these same phones.  Any luck finding a solution?

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, off topic a little, but if you are using '9' to access external lines and 911 is external line (I assume) then user should dial 9-911 to access external emergency line, isn't it ?

But yes, the autorepeat should be configurable. Not only seniors, but users with disabilities (we have some) will welcome it.

I believe the default dial out plan for my UC lets 911 be dailed without a access code from any phone.

CloverdalePaint
Level 1
Level 1

I looked through the downloadable user guide and admin guide and could not find any setting to adjust typematic delay and rate for our SPA525G2.  Our Dial Plan set in our UC has the 911 set as top priority, and like Chris Gabel's does not need the access code for the number to be called.  If it continues to be a problem at our office we are going to check if our telephone provider can help us change the default access number to something other than 9.

I am guessing that it would require a new firmware to be uploaded to control the delay and rate.  It would definitely be appreciated if Cisco could provide a new firmware with the keyboard typematic delay and rate turned off or tuned down so it is not so hair-trigger like.

I made a case with Cisco Tac, and spoke to a support representative about this issue. Unfortunately there is no way to turn the auto-repeat feature off. All models of Cisco phones come with this option.

It was suggested to:

1. Change the outgoing dial code to another number other then 9.

2. Give the users more detailed training on the phone sets (Already tried)

3. Remove 911 from this particular phone set, not recommended (Not an option for us)

I am going to try and change the dial out code from 9 to 0, and see if this makes a difference for the users.