Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-me conference with external users over PSTN

prodriguez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I would like to configure an UC560 to offer meet-me conference to external users over a T1/E1 connection. The operator would initiate the meet-me group and call the external users to join the conference. The requisites are up to four conferences of 20 people each, regardless the total amount of calls wouldn't exceed the number of 30 as there are only a T1/E1 with 30 channels. ¿It is possible? I know that a UC560 has a limit of 12 conferences up to 32 users, but I don't know if this applies to externals users too.

Thanks and regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To add to what jforbis has said, the limits imposed are based on a mixture of internal & external users.

So if you have 10 internal users and 22 external you will have reached the rooms limit.

If you're requirements exceed this, than you can investigate an ISR solution that has much more capacity for VPDM's or DSP resources and have the UC-560 pass the calls to it, that is one solution I have done myself and seen on multiple occasions (Still works out much cheaper than an outsources solution over a 12-18 month period).

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jforbis
Level 1
Level 1

You can setup the 4 Meetme conference extensions but you will only be able to have a total of 32 people in conference at any one time.

Example: One room has 20 people in it. .The second room can only have 12.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To add to what jforbis has said, the limits imposed are based on a mixture of internal & external users.

So if you have 10 internal users and 22 external you will have reached the rooms limit.

If you're requirements exceed this, than you can investigate an ISR solution that has much more capacity for VPDM's or DSP resources and have the UC-560 pass the calls to it, that is one solution I have done myself and seen on multiple occasions (Still works out much cheaper than an outsources solution over a 12-18 month period).

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *