Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from SPA112 to ATA191 and MPP differences

David30
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Now the SPA-series ATAs are no longer available, I'd greatly appreciate some advice concerning migration of the configuration to an ATA191.  The non-default configuration for my own SPA112 is maintained in an XML V1.0 file and downloaded using the 'curl' method.

(1)   Is the existing entity-naming convention the same in the SPA and ATA-series products, and is it only necessary to change the target-system details in the last dozen or so lines?

(2)   Is any detailed summary of the differences between the on-premise & multi-platform versions of the ATA190-series available?  Or does the MPP version just have extra firmware to support Cisco IP phones, etc.?

(3)   Is there any summary of the functional & security changes introduced with the ATA-series?  I believe it has a faster processor, but these things seem hard to find.

And just as an observation, I think the SPA112 is an excellent ATA which is far more useful and way higher quality than the integrated VoIP support in cheapie modems supplied by some ISPs for use on the NBN here.

Cheers,

David30

0 Replies 0