Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple CUE IMAP accounts in Outlook?

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

In order to facilitate after hours technical support calls from my clients, I have added a user called "AHTechSupport" which has a mailbox and sends notifications to our after hours techs.  There is technically no handset associated with this user, so I did the majority of the configuration in the CUE webpage.  Everything seems to work great, but when I try to add a second IMAP account in Outlook, I get a recurring challenge for the new user's credentials.  I've checked to make sure that the passwords are the same in CUE and in the IMAP account, but it won't authenticate.

Does this problem exist because you can't put more than one IMAP account in Outlook or because none of the configuration was done in CCA?  Since I really don't want to associate a handset with this user, I was unable to configure via CCA.  Now it's as if there is some code missing in the config that would otherwise allow the IMAP account to operate properly.  Is there a better way to set this up?

Thanks in advance,

Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't think there is a problem with 2 IMAP accounts in Outlook, but I haven't tried it.

I would first verify that this user is a member of a group that has IMAP privileges and that the user has notification enabled.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Any ideas on this?  If I create a user, extension, and mailbox in the CUE GUI but do not configure it in CCA, can I still access this account via an IMAP account in outlook?  Do I need to (temporarily) assign a phone?  Or is it impossible to configure two IMAP accounts, both pointing at the UC520 with different login credentials from the same copy of outlook?

Thanks,

Seth

I don't think there is a problem with 2 IMAP accounts in Outlook, but I haven't tried it.

I would first verify that this user is a member of a group that has IMAP privileges and that the user has notification enabled.

Thanks Steven,

It was the IMAP group.  CCA obviously does this automatically.  I've never added somebody in that way before.  Thanks!

Seth