cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple SIP Trunks with UC520

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to know when there will be multiple SIP trunks on the UC520 (command line or CCA -- don't care which)?  I've seen a document http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/sip/configuration/guide/sip_cg-multi-registrars.html

but I don't think it works yet for the UC520.

Thanks.

Joe

39 Replies 39

Hi Steven,

As I understood it, this was the forum for us to raise support issues and feature requests, however as per your advice I have contacted Dave Harper and Leah Davis here in Australia to advise me how we can place a feature request. Once I find out, I will post it here for others.

Cheers,

Scott Martin

Hi,

Here is where you can post CCA feedback: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12628

Thanks,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

As I understand it, the multiple username capability is being delivered with the 15.1(2)T IOS release.  This version is planned for release in the 8.1 feature pack which we hope to have out by the end of the year.  However, CCA support for multiple SIP registrations will not be available for a littel while yet.  It is on the CCA roadmap, but there are a number of other features with a higher priority that mean this functionality won't be available in CCA 3.0, and likely not the following release.  As a result, the use of the 8.1 software bundle will mean that the capability is there for CLI-based configurations, but not for CCA configurations for at least several months.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update - CLI will be a great start - we can work with that. Roll on December!

If you need any beta testers - please send me an email.

Cheers,

Scott

As I understand it, the multiple username capability is being delivered 
with the 15.1(2)T IOS release.  This version is planned for release in 
the 8.1 feature pack which we hope to have out by the end of the year. 

Just confirmed this in the lab.  Multiple usernames are supported in 15.1(2)T.  As soon as the UC500 software relase has this IOS version, this support should appear.

2821-Pod3(config-sip-ua)#authentication username test pass test realm realm.com

2821-Pod3(config-sip-ua)#authentication username test pass test realm realm2.com

2821-Pod3(config-sip-ua)#authentication username test2 pass test2 realm realm3.com

2821-Pod3(config-sip-ua)#do sh ver | i 2800
Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICE_IVS-M), Version 15.1(2.10)T ENGINEERING WEEKLY BUILD, synced to V150_1_M3

----------------------------------------------------

pod3-3825(config-sip-ua)#authentication username test pass test2 realm realm1
pod3-3825(config-sip-ua)#authentication username test2 pass test2 realm realm2
Only one username per device supported
Please unconfigure previous authentication information

pod3-3825(config-sip-ua)#do sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.0(1)XA2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Yes, it's there now with CCA 2.2.5 and the latest sofware pack.  It wasn't there before as it would say that only one username was allowed.  I still couldn't get it to work and was told by TAC early 2011.  I'm not sure what is missing though since the multiple username was resolved.  I think he said someting about mulitple sip-ua profiles.

ciscojoe837: while it does appear in CCA 2.2.5 to support multiple SIP trunks with individual authentication (the username/password trunk list), they are only supported with a single Digest Authentication username. Some SIP providers use IP address authentication - so will work OK.

The issue I have encountered are SIP providers needing digest authentication usernames for each account (with same provider). In addition, the same applies when using two different SIP providers requiring digest authentication.

As indicated by Dave Harper, this will be in CME 8.1 in the next software pack - and will be some time before being introduced into CCA.

I agree that the multiple areas of username/password configuration in CCA is a little misleading... but you will note the all important digest authentication will only accept one set of credentials.

I hope this clarified it for you - took me a while to get my head around it.

Cheers,

Scott Martin

Steven,

I found this thread today looking for a solution to  the multiple username issue.  The config you posted looks like it would  work fine if there are multiple providers.  I am dealing with a single  provider that requires a different authentication for each trunk.  The  customer has two trunks with them.  I can only register one.  When I try  to add a second authentication line for the second trunk, I get the  message below.  I have pasted the sip-ua section of my config below as  well.

Updating username/password for realm realm

sip-ua

credentials username 1234567890 password 7 xxxxxxxxx realm realm

credentials username 0987654321 password 7 yyyyyyyyy realm realm

authentication username 1234567890 password 7 xxxxxxxxx realm realm

no remote-party-id

retry invite 2

retry register 10

timers connect 100

registrar dns:sip.broadvoice.com expires 3600

sip-server dns:sip.broadvoice.com

host-registrar

One would think that if you add the line

authentication username 0987654321 password 7 yyyyyyyyy realm realm

that it would work but it just gives me the updating username/password for realm message.

Thanks

Gentlemen,

I was wondering if you could provide some hints. I have an inplementation where outgoing calls will have to be made using 3 different accounts (of the same provider) depending on from which extension the call comes from due to accounting (3 different entities requiring different bills). I was planning on creating 3 different authentication username entries which are now supported and also registering all extensions with the VoIP provider. Where I get stuck is how to point individual extensions to use a particular account without programming one group to pick 0 for outgoing line second group 9 and last group 8 for example.

Could you please help on how to best achieve it as such that the user can still only pick one nominated number to be able to get an outside line?

In reality extentions 1-10 will need to call using account 1, extentions 11-20 account 2 and extensions 21-30 using account 3.

Thank you.

methsi2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a issue which is relared to this. I'm using cisco2911 router.

IOS:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin

When i configure single SIP registrar in router, my SIP server gets a invitation as below.

To: <201>172.26.26.55>

But when i configure multiple SIP registrars, SIP server gets different SIP invitation  as below.

To: <201>172.26.26.55>

Because of this, authentication fails.

-------1. Router Config - SIP UA with single registrar ---------------------------------

dial-peer voice 202 voip

destination-pattern 20.

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.26.26.55

codec g711ulaw

no vad

sip-ua

credentials username cisco password 7 120D041E06 realm 172.26.26.55

calling-info pstn-to-sip from number set cisco

retry invite 3

timers trying 150

registrar ipv4:172.26.26.55 expires 3600

------2. Router config - SIP UA with multiple registrars---------------------------------

dial-peer voice 202 voip

destination-pattern 20.

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.26.26.55

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dial-peer voice 203 voip

destination-pattern 20.

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.26.26.56

codec g711ulaw

no vad

sip-ua

credentials username cisco password 7 120D041E06 realm 172.26.26.56

credentials username cisco password 7 120D041E06 realm 172.26.26.55

calling-info pstn-to-sip from number set cisco

retry invite 3

timers trying 150

registrar 1 ipv4:172.26.26.55 expires 3600

registrar 2 ipv4:172.26.26.56 expires 3600

Note: I tried with authentication & realm under dial peers, but it didn't work.

Any any additional configuration required when having multiple registrar??

or any thing else i'm missing??