Views
Helpful
Replies

Network set up issue

Herminton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have the following issue setting up uc320w. The device is located after router (192.168.1.1) which serves as DHCP for main network. Uc320w has 192.168.101 address as wan,  and manages voice and data in its subnets by default. All devices in voice and data sub networks can ping devices in 192.168.1.0 network and have access to Internet. However, I can not ping uc320w from main network. Is there any sort of firewall by default which can not be switched off in VoIP gate?

I am trying to route traffic (static route) from main network 192.168.1.0 to UC320W subnetworks. The main idea is to connect VoIP devices that is uc320w and ip phones with two other ip phones in remote office that is connected via VPN tunnel. VPN tunnel is built by router 192.168.1.1

Thanks a lot for your comments in advance.

Dimitry

3 Replies 3

Hi Dimitry,

I'm not clear which UC320W interface you are not able to ping from the description above.  If you are trying to ping the WAN interface of the UC320W, you need to install a Platform Modification File (PMF) to enable this functionality.  See the Platform Modification File Document found on this support community for this PMF and installation instructions.

Secondly, to set expectations, teleworker phones over VPN are not currently supported in this release.  Teleworker support is planned for an upcoming feature release of the UC320W.  If you require teleworker support immediately, then UC500 is your best bet.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Christopher,

Thanks a lot for your response. Indeed, wan interface ping is a problem. I will try PMF to sort out this issue. So you are sure that even if I route traffic from uc320w subnet to remote site over VPN, uc320w will not see remote ip phones?

If so it is quite sad, do you have any approximate date for the release of features to support teleworker phones?

Thank you!

Hi Dimitry,

Some of the key services use IP multicast for  communication.  This does not easily work over VPNs.  Hence, the development effort to make it work.  Management is in  the process of commiting the content and dates for upcoming feature release.

Chris