Views
Helpful
Replies

No Option for G711u on UC320W?? Help.

techdivision
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

This is doing my head in.  I cannot select G711u as a Codec in the Systemwide SIP parameters - I only have G711a and G729a - neither of which is supported by my SIP provider.

I have used G711u on a SIP handset without issue.

Please, can anyone tel me what I am missing - Current Firmware is 2.1.4 (3) with no PMF's added.

.SIP.JPG

3 Replies 3

Hello George,

We set the visibility of G.711A or G.711U based upon your REGION setting.  This setting simply sets the PREFFERED CODEC.  In general, all calls will offer G.711a, G.711u, and G.729a CODECs. 

If your provider doesn't offer G.711a, then the call should negotiate to one of the other CODECs.  If you have calls failing, you can enable SIP logs on your SIP trunk (Status -> Support Tools -> Log) or you can contact the Cisco Small Business Support center.

If we need to build a PMF for your SIP trunk provider, we can also explore that once we understand what needs to be changed.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info.  We do not get dropped calls but the quality isn't very good.  The caller sounds like they are miles away and the voice quality is poor - sounds very hollow (if that is a way to explain it).

The SIP provider has informed me that this is because it is reverting back to the G729 codec and thus the issue.  They have advised that we should use G711u for improved cal quality.

Can we please have a PMF to allow the G711u so that we can see if this resolves our call quality issues?

Thanks in Advance

George

Hi Chris,

Jsut upgraded to the latest release 2.2.2 and I know have the option for G711u.

I will test and see if this resolves the issue.

Cheers

George