Helpful
Replies

No sound in calls from one user to another specific user in a uc320w

gaparicio1
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings to all.

I Open this post because i have a problem in my work with our Cisco UC-320W

The problem happen when one specific user (User 1 in the future) try to call to another specific user (User 2 in the future), the phone bell sounds, but when the User 2 answer the call, cannot heard the voice of the User 1, but the User 1 can heard the voice of the User 2. If the User 2, calls the User 1 no problem.

The user 1 can calls anyone else no problem.

I Changed the phone of extension, changed the user phone, changed the port in the switch and the problem persists in the same form, Is for this that  think this is problem of the user, but i can´t find any to configure something like this for the users in the page of configuration of the commutator,  just the name and extension.

I hope you can help me, I really, really appreciate.

Best Regards 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

myitguy
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like the exact same issue we are having. We have a case open with Cisco, but we are currently testing the workaround of adding a number to the end of the user of the extension. For example, change 'John' to 'John 2'

We had two users having this issue to one extension and this resolved the issue for them. The next day, another user was experiencing the same issue to the same one extension. We renamed this user using the same method and the issue was resolved for them as well.

This is still an open issue for us, but please check out my write-up and let me know if it fits your scenario.

<link removed>

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mdobiac
Level 3
Level 3

Hello gaparicio1,

I would double check User 2 to make sure it is on the correct VLAN as the UC320W can route the SIP signaling to VLAN1 but the RTP stream most of the time will not reach it causing 1 way or no audio.

After that check to make sure you are on the latest firmware, which is 2.3.2.6

You can upgrade either through the UC320 or from downloading the file here:  https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283661239&softwareid=283672515&release=2.3.2&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

However if the above doesn't resolve the issue and if your UC320W is still under support I recommend you call in so the UC320 team can take a look at the system.

Hope this helps,

Michael D. 

Thanks for the Answer Michael D. lamentably your solution don't work in my case.

I think I should (as you very well says) contact with the support team from cisco.

I have to say, just the user 1 have problems to call with the user 2, anyone else who wants call him, no sub.

Also have to say, this situation happens whit some other users but respect the same symptomatology: User 1 try to call User 2 and they can not hear him.

I try to find some pathology on this but looks so random

Any way, thank you so much Michael I really appreciate you try to help me.

Regards

myitguy
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like the exact same issue we are having. We have a case open with Cisco, but we are currently testing the workaround of adding a number to the end of the user of the extension. For example, change 'John' to 'John 2'

We had two users having this issue to one extension and this resolved the issue for them. The next day, another user was experiencing the same issue to the same one extension. We renamed this user using the same method and the issue was resolved for them as well.

This is still an open issue for us, but please check out my write-up and let me know if it fits your scenario.

<link removed>

Yeah, myitguy, this look like the exactly same thing. I´ts very very strange, don´t you think?. I will try the solution you suggest me and I'll let you know if it solves the problem.

Thank you very much, dude!

gaparicio1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear myitguy, I tried change the user name and it worked!!

Though, i wish to know why this happened initially. I insist, it´s very, very strange and so random.

Anyway, thank you very much, you saved me.

Greetings