Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlaid dn's on multiple phones- place a call on hold

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I remember when you could have two users answering calls on the Main line. We did not want hunt blast and could not use octo lines (SPA phones).

User 1 and user 2 had button 2 on their handset as an overlay with call waiting.

When user 1 placed a call on hold, user 2 did not see this holding call and was not able to pick it up.

At some point, this behavior changed and when caller 1 places a call on hold- caller 2 can see it and resume the call if needed.

I can see how some might want this, but it can also cause massive confusion when you have two people handling and answering multipel calls to the main line. users cannot determine which held caller belongs to them. 

Is there a way to choose which way you want this to work? A way to not show the other user an overlaid call that you place on hold?

And same for octo lines (should I have a 79xx phone)- can we choose to not 'share' the held calls between the users displays?

and if so, can we do this in CCA since CCA will be our only interface soon?

My customer wants to have 5 people answer the Main line calls using SPA 504's.  They do not want a hunt blast.

I want to overlay dn's on each of their 2nd buttons. But I want to avoid them mixing up their calls when anyone places a call on hold.

help.

Stacy

1 Reply 1

shawnlevin
Level 1
Level 1

Have you used parking?  What about answering another incoming when already on the phone?