Views
Helpful
Replies

peer to peer call in 7942G

Romanio
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

We have three numbers of 7942G IP Phones with IP numbers 192.168.2.107/112/115. Now i want to make call between these phones with IP address. I am unable to make call with IP address. Can you help all the settings.

thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Romanio,

That successfully setting up IP-to-IP calls between Cisco phones typically involves configuring a CUCM or a CME. These systems manage the call routing, call control, and directory services for the phones.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @Romanio,

CUCM ou router as CME ?

You test the call like this: 192*168*2*112 ?

Best regards

Romanio
Beginner
Beginner

No CUCM, does it work without it? They thought it would only work at home in the house-garage network...

@Romanio,

That successfully setting up IP-to-IP calls between Cisco phones typically involves configuring a CUCM or a CME. These systems manage the call routing, call control, and directory services for the phones.

Best regards

Thanks for the info, I got these phones for free. They thought that the IP phone would work at home only peer to peer without software and a server for calling IP addresses. I'm sorry that it simply doesn't work like this, I don't want to buy a server machine or run a PC at home. The phone becomes a brick and thrown in the trash...

thanks for your time

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: