cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PRI ring internal extension config

minwangaip
Level 1
Level 1

UC560 has a PRI connection that has a main phone number (that is on all 23 B channels) that will need to ring down to our reception's extension,  Can you share how to enable this?

In the FXO world it is "connection plar 1000"  - just want to know how to enable this in the PRI world.  thanks!

4 Replies 4

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

The recommended procedure would be to open CCA, and choose:  Configure > Telephony > Dial Plan > Incoming.  Then enter the DID and the number you would like the calls to be forwarded to...

If for some reason you are not using CCA, you would need the following:

dial-peer voice 3001 pots
description PRI0
translation-profile incoming PRI0_Called_1
incoming called-number 5551118888       <--- Your DID number.
direct-inward-dial
port 0/2/0:23

voice translation-profile PRI0_Called_1
translate called 1

voice translation-rule 1
rule 1 /5551118888/ /212/    <--- Ext. to send incoming calls.

Thank you,

Darren

It is not the DID block number, it is the main number the PRI is with, the main number is not the DID block.  The main number is like your company's main phone line - 212 333 0000 something like that, that line needs to come to the front desk.  In the FXO config, it is a connection plar config.  Do you know what is in the PRI config?

the DID goes to each user, that is the translation rule configuration you have. 

For DID configuration, I also have a question.  Our DID range is so broken, I may have to do a one-to-one map for all the phone numbers.  Is there a limitation of how many DID translation rule you can put in ?  I heard you can put in max 15 rules. 

Thanks!

The main number is configured the same way as a block would be.  You would just enter like a one-to-one would be mapped, and send the incoming calls to the front desk extension.

For incoming numbers, there is not a rule limitation, that is only an issue for outgoing calls when translating the caller-ID.

Thank you,

Darren

Thanks Darren.  for outgoing calls all phones will use the main number as caller-id.