cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with MWI and SIP UC540

Chris S
Level 1
Level 1

I have the device setup and functioning correctly utilizing the FXO ports.  I signed up for a SIP provider (NexVortex) and got it working successfully however; the one side effect I've noticed is the MWI stops working as soon as I enable SIP.  Whenever I remove the SIP trunk, the MWI works again. I cannot find how to fix this. Any recomendations?                   

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check if there a voice bind for SIPto an interface, when enabling the SIP trunk, that you can probably remove.

Where does that typically show up at? I do not see anything in my current config.

Hello Chris,

Which is the IOS version?

Best regards,

Alex

It is version 15.1(4)M5

Under voice service voip. Ot it could be another wrong setting forced by CCA.

I do not see any binding. The only change I made outside CME in regards to the SIP trunk is to remove the following:

voice source-group CCA_SIP_SOURCE_GROUP_CUE_CME

access-list 5

translation-profile incoming SIP_Incoming

voice source-group CCA_SIP_SOURCE_GROUP_EXTERNAL

access-list 6 voice source-group CCA_SIP_SOURCE_GROUP_CUE_CME

I did this in order to allow the Nexvortex trunk connection successfully. I attached my config if you wouldn't mind looking at it.  I have no idea where the issue is.

Sorry, in my configurations I do not use voice group at all, so can't help.

That's ok - i actually fixed it.  I'm not 100% sure what did it but the only difference between my most recent config and the broken one was that I incorrectly put the domain name in for the SIP trunk. Instead of putting my local domain name, I put the domain of the SIP provider. Works now!