Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with ringtone on UC520

kseewald
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I have a ringtone in .raw format but this file is 1222kb big -all the other files are between 5 and 20 kb.

this ringtone is in stero - I know that this is wrong, but in which format I have to convert to?

also my players are not supporting .raw format - which player do you use? Which program you use

to convert this tone to the supported format?

Need help

best regards,

Klaus               

2 Replies 2

Hello Klaus,

SCCP: Enabling Customized Ring Tones

To create a customized ring tone, perform the following steps.

Prerequisites

Cisco Unified CME 4.0 or a later version.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. Create PCM file.

2. Edit RingList.xml and DistinctiveRingList.xml.

3. Copy PCM and XML files to system Flash.

4. tftp-server

5. Reboot phones.

DETAILED STEPS

Step 1 Create  a PCM file for each customized ring tone (one ring per file). The PCM  files must comply with the following format guidelines.

Raw PCM (no header)

8000 samples per second

8 bits per sample

mLaw compression

Maximum ring size—16080 samples

Minimum ring size—240 samples

Number of samples in the ring must be evenly divisible by 240

Ring should start and end at the zero crossing

Use an audio editing package that supports these file format requirements to create PCM files for customized phone rings.

Sample ring files are in the ringtone.tar file at http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-iostsp

Step 2 Edit the RingList.xml and DistinctiveRingList.xml files using a text editor.

The RingList.xml and DistinctiveRingList.xml files contain a list of  phone ring types. Each file shows the PCM file used for each ring type  and the text that is displayed on the Ring Type menu on a  Cisco Unified IP Phone for each ring.

Sample XML files are in the ringtone.tar file at http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-iostsp

The RingList.xml and DistinctiveRingList.xml files use the following format to specify customized rings:

The XML ring files use the following tag definitions:

Ring  files contain two fields, DisplayName and FileName, which are required  for each phone ring type. Up to 50 rings can be listed.

DisplayName  defines the name of the customized ring for the associated PCM file  that will be displayed on the Ring Type menu of the Cisco Unified IP  Phone.

FileName specifies the name of the PCM file for the customized ring to associate with DisplayName.

The DisplayName and FileName fields can not exceed 25 characters.

The following sample RingList.xml file defines two phone ring types:

Piano1

Piano1.raw

Chime

Chime.raw

Step 3 Copy the PCM and XML files to system Flash on the Cisco Unified CME router. For example:

Step 4 Use the tftp-server command to enable access to the files. For example:

tftp-server flash:RingList.xml

tftp-server flash:DistinctiveRingList.xml

tftp-server flash:Piano1.raw

tftp-server flash:Chime.raw

Step 5 Reboot  the IP phones. After reboot, the IP phones download the XML and ring  tone files. Select the customized ring by pressing the Settings button  followed by the Ring Type menu option on a phone.

Please check the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmering.html#wp1013632

If you are using CCA you may check the admin guide (for version 3.2.1 section Phone customization -> ringtones)page 497.

HTH,

Alex

*Please rate helpful posts

EDIT: You may use the windows sound recorder

Hi Alexander,

thank you for the detailed information - my problem is, that if I want to edit the file the customer want to have is in .raw format, but sound recorder is not able to open this file - so I have problem with that.

Thanks,

Klaus