Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup SPA504g sound to go through computer

Hello eveyone,

At my company we have the Cisco IP PHONE SPA504G in our desks and currently we are using the headsets that connect directly to the phone.

But, this brings a problem, since I'm not able ot hear anything happening in my desktop computer unless I switch to other USB headsets that are connected to the computer (and of course while doing this I'm not able to hear anything from the phone).

I was wondering if there is a way to set the sound of the phone to got though the computer so I will be using only the USB headsets all the time and in that way I'll be able to hear the sounds from both, the computer and the phone.

Please note that the Cisco IP Phone SPA504G is connected to my computer via an Ethernet cable.

Thank you!

Carlos B.

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I was wondering if there is a way to set the sound of the phone to got though the computer so I will be using only the USB headsets all the time and in that way I'll be able to hear the sounds from both, the computer and the phone.

It is, of course. As long as you can connect phone's audio output to PC soundcard input. But you need to solve issue called "impendance matching". In short, you need attenuate mplified signal of phone's output to a line level required by soundcard input. It's neither expensive nor complex, but I assume you are not ready to DIY.

Ask any local audio guru for help.

I'm not aware about a "just buy a ready-to-use device" solution.