Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple way to set up Music on Hold on SPA525G

philiphdean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

This may be a dumb question, but I'm not cisco ip phone tech savvy at all... I just need to set up music on hold on our five SPA525G office phones.  I can't seem to find a simple way to do this.  There's a video on YouTube showing how to do this using Cisco Unified Call Management, but I have no idea what that is.  All I want is music on hold. Is there not just a simple way to do this?  Like installing music to the phone.  We don't have a central server.  Of course, I could upload music to our web hosting server and put a URL somewhere, but where would I put this URL and would that even work. 

I know to you guys this is probably the dumbest question you've ever read, but I'm an office admin guy working for a charity and we just need Music on Hold.

I managed to configure the phones quite easily to use with Zadarma (virtual PBX), so that wasn't a problem.  I thought Music on Hold would be a piece of cake, but I'm completely baffled.

Really hoping someone can help explain (in a language that this dumb, old guy can understand).

Many thanks in advance,

Philip

:)

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The music on hold is not provided by SPA525G2. You need an MOH server supplying a MOH stream. Then you can configure SPA525G2 to use such stream.

I don't know if Zadarma can provide it. Consult Zadarma's documentation. If the Zaradma can't supply MOH stream you need to arrange other MOH source.