I just get a 200OK back from the SPA525

Nothing happens and nothing in SYSLOG

Message Waiting and remote reboots work fine

12 Replies 12

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear sir;

Can you please provide the trace and let us know the FW version you are using on the phone?

Regards
Alberto

Should be the correct file -  A few Keepalive Notifies but last one is what you want

Tried various tweaks - to no effect

Just started to look at Device Feature Key Syncronisation as well ;->

Stuart

Sorry - 7.4.3 525G

Dear Sir;

I have escalated the issue to engineering. I'll keep you updated.

regards
Alberto

Hi,

is there an update for this?

Dear Sir;

Yes, we found the inconsistency. We are working to solve it, please stay tuned.

Regards
Alberto

Is there an update on this?

can confirm does not work on 525 on 7.4.4

get back 200OK to NOTIFY and no syslog messages but XML app does not appear on Display

What is the bug number for this ?

Accoring to to Cisco Bug database there are no bugs outstanding for "Cisco Small Business Pro SPA 500 Series IP Phones"

Dear Sir;

The number is CSCtg48111. It is an enhancement and not a bug on the SPA50X phones.

For security concerns we are removing direct support on the SPA50X for the execute XML code with Notify, so behavior will be similar to what SPA525G supports today, i.e.

You can only send a URL as part of the notify-execute mode. Then the phone will grab the URL and execute the command. I'll be documenting this pretty soon, stay tuned.

Regards;
Alberto

Hi,

Sorry I am confused - I am only trying to remote trigger the execution  of a previously defined application

Admin guide for 5xx phones describes NOTIFY payload as

http://xmlserver.com/event.xml"/>

What 5xx  phones is this supported in now?

for the 5xx phones that do not support this, what exactly will they support and when

thanks

Dear Sir;

We updated the document on this community to reflect the change on the behavior (starting with 7.4.4). The phone will allow receiving a XML Service URL on the SIP NOTIFY body, not the direct XML syntax. Because of security concerns, we decided to modify the old behavior.

Regards
Alberto