cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Call Connector 2.2 and MS Office 2013 Issues

Jeremy Koch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi peeps, so i have discovered that SCC Advanced Client 2.2 (current release version)  is not fully compatible with Microsoft Office 2014.

So far:

Tab on ribbon does not install properly/in the right place. Its listed under 'Add-Ins' tab which makes it a pain to get to.

Right clicking on contacts does not offer any calling options for that contact.

UC540 system with 8.6.1 Software Pack       

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack
4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To be brutally honest with you, I don't Cisco is going to fix that ever, considering the slowness and lack of of attention that Call Connector got so far. Beside, the entire platform will go EoS soon.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeremy,

I think you may need to walk away from this one, it would take Cisco quite some time to test the new API being used by Microsoft in this new version, it is vastly different to all previous Office versions and thus SCC wont work on it, and if it does it certainly will not be in its full capacity or on a stable platform.

I suspect that Paolo is right in his assesment, and I cannot see Cisco upgrading it as it is not a widely used application, it has never ever worked flawlessly since I have seen it, and has often been plagued with various issues, albeit most of them small but none-the-less annoying.

Cheers,

David Trad.
davidtradconsultinggmail.com

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Still, it was and is correct to expect that giant like Cisco to deliver on their promises, and provide update, quality software. If to do that they need to pay more to the contractor that develops Call Connector, so they should.

My post was pragmatic, not approving, of Cisco actions on this (and many others) subject.

yeah see these kind of responses sadden me. My business has invested a lot of moeny in the UC platform and all the bits that go along with it.

i guess its the same for IE10 when that gets released for windows 7 too????

what about windows 8?

it really is crazy to see such short life cycles on these products! its not ok...

UC540 system with 8.6.1 Software Pack

UC540 system with 8.6.2 Software Pack