cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smart Call Connector SCC UC500

alangoh27
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question on SCC for my customer.

He wants basic presence on their internal NFR UC540 system but have no requirement for receptionist usage.

I’ve been having a hunt around and would like to confirm what would be needed?

They have 17 phones so would they need to get

1x L-SW-SCC-SERVER

2x L-SW-SCC-8ADVANCED

I’m guessing they wouldn’t need SCC for all handsets so could probably get away with 1 additional licence pack.

Also is the Server SKU needed to run SCC? I have heard that it may not be needed?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alan,

You can run standalone mode but not recommended.

I would stick with your original assumption and get a server and 2X 8 Pac licenses to cover it, in order for SCC to really work properly it is highly recommended to get a server, and then spend the countless hours setting it up as well

But please keep in mind that I do not see Cisco continuing any maintenance on SCC or any other major releases, I could be wrong, but I know it wont most likely be setup to work with Windows 8 either, which tells me (And I could be wrong again) that they will probably call it EoL and EoS.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Alan,

You can run standalone mode but not recommended.

I would stick with your original assumption and get a server and 2X 8 Pac licenses to cover it, in order for SCC to really work properly it is highly recommended to get a server, and then spend the countless hours setting it up as well

But please keep in mind that I do not see Cisco continuing any maintenance on SCC or any other major releases, I could be wrong, but I know it wont most likely be setup to work with Windows 8 either, which tells me (And I could be wrong again) that they will probably call it EoL and EoS.

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: