Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-3102 - Sipgate + VoIpDiscount

onlineuser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have connected the SPA-3102 to extension 2 of my telephone-system.

Now when I dial the extension from the SPA-3102, I can make phonecalls via SIP.

Now I want to use sipgate (inbound and outbound) and voipdiscount (only outbound) on my SPA-3102. But all other analogue extension should be able to make phonecalls via SPA.

So, when any extension rings the SPA, it picks up the call and I hear the dialtone from SIP.

How is it possible that the user can choose between sipgate and voipdiscount for outgoing calls?

When a inbound-call via sipgate arrives the SPA the call should be forwarded to extension 3 on the pstn-line from the telephone-system. How can SPA-3102 manage this configuration?

Regards

51 Replies 51

Ah, ok, I thought that the SPA goes through all dialplans - why did they implement 8 of them. ;-)

What does the ":" stand for in the dialplan? I couldn't find it in manual on site 66 and on following sites.

Once you put the ":" after the #number and then you put it before :gwX.

this works: (<#11,:>xx.<:@gw1>|<#12,:>xx.<:@gw2>|xx.)

this not works: (<#11,>xx.<:@gw1>|<#12,>xx.<:@gw2>|xx.)

Now, it works perfect but I found a little bug in new firmware.

When the callee hooks off and the counter begins to run it doesn't start at 00:00:00.

On webif the VoIP duration time is not correct!

he duration time of last call in syslog after hang up is shown correctly!

They give you the choice to setup 8 different dial plans because there are multiple fields where you specify which dial plans to use and cases where you would use different dial plans.  Incoming calls use different dial plans from outgoing calls.  In the authentication area you can set different dial plans for different pin codes.

What does the ":" stand for in the dialplan? I couldn't find it in manual

They don't explain the dial plan rules very well in the current Admin Guide.  Older Admin Guides went into more detail.  Somebody decided an explanation wasn't necessary

From an earlier Administration Guide:

Sub-sequence Substitution

A sub-sequence of keys (possibly empty) can be automatically replaced with a different sub-sequence using an angle bracket notation: . So, for example, “<8:1650>xxxxxxx” would match “85551212” and transmit “16505551212”.

This thread goes into more detail on crafting a dial plan:

http://forum.voxilla.com/threads/how-do-i-craft-a-dial-plan-string.575/

One (last) problem.

Sometimes, when I make outgoing calls via voipdiscount the other side says that my voice would be very quiet.

Can I raise the level of loudness on SPA-3102?

If you are talking about the PSTN call that is bridged to an outgoing VoIP call (thru Voipdiscount) you can try raising the PSTN to SPA Gain on the PSTN Line Tab.

This is what the Admin Guide says about the FXO port setting:

PSTN To SPA Gain

dB of digital gain (or attenuation if negative) to be applied

to the signal sent from the PSTN side to the SPA. The range

is -15 to 12.

The default is 0.

If you are talking about a call from the handset attached to the SPA3102 to an outgoing VoIP call (thru Voipdiscount) there is a similiar setting on the Regional Tab:

This is what the Admin Guide says about the FXS port setting:

FXS Port Input Gain

Input gain in dB, up to three decimal places. The range is

6.000 to -12.000.

The default is -3.

The risk of raising the gains too high is the introduction of unsupressed echo.

Thanks, very much!

I will try it.

I found following settings:

PSTN:

SPA To PSTN Gain - per default on 0 - 5.2.13(GW002)

PSTN To SPA Gain - per default on 0 - 5.2.13(GW002)

Line 1:

FXS Port Input Gain: per default on 0 - 5.2.13(GW002)

I raised the PSTN settings to 6, I have no echo and noone of dialed people told me that they have problems understanding me. :-)

fabiolin
Level 1
Level 1

salve desidero utilizzare il SPA-3102 in chiamate in entrata tramite voip e funziona tutto ok il problema e che non riesco a fare le chiamate in uscita in linea pstn si puo fare? grazie anticipatamente .