cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 8000 Ring Time Issue

Kataclysm
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 6 SPA8000's in deployment, and I've encountered a very strange issue.

Each line will only ring for 60 seconds, and then sends back a '480 Temporarily unavailable' message, and disconnects the call.

I can't find anywhere in the configuration or in the administration guide, or provisioning guide where I can increase the length of that call, preferably to ring forever.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's RingN cadence setting on first screenshot. All but Ring1 & Ring5 are defined to be 60 seconds. Ring1 have 180seconds length, Ring5 just one second only.

I don't know which ring is selected for the call in question - the default ring may be defined on line configuration page. Or particular ring may be requested on ad-hoc by incoming call INVITE.

The Cadence Script has a specific pattern, consider the example 60(.2/.2, .4/.4). In this example, the cadence script pattern can be explained as follows.

• 60(.2/.2, .4/.4) represents one cadence section.
  • 60 represents the ring length in terms of seconds, * bay be used to express infinite here.
  • .2/.2, .4/.4 are the two segments.
  • Segment one (.2/.2) represents .2s for ringtones to turn On and .2s for ringtones to turn Off and Segment two (.4/.4) represents .4s for ringtones to turn On, .4s for ringtones to turn Off.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have no SPA8000 here, but all those devices have ringtone definition. Check "regional" settings. And default ring definition claim 60s, if I remember correctly ...

I can't find anything like that on the Regional settings tab. I've included screenshots to show what I do have.

It's RingN cadence setting on first screenshot. All but Ring1 & Ring5 are defined to be 60 seconds. Ring1 have 180seconds length, Ring5 just one second only.

I don't know which ring is selected for the call in question - the default ring may be defined on line configuration page. Or particular ring may be requested on ad-hoc by incoming call INVITE.

The Cadence Script has a specific pattern, consider the example 60(.2/.2, .4/.4). In this example, the cadence script pattern can be explained as follows.

• 60(.2/.2, .4/.4) represents one cadence section.
  • 60 represents the ring length in terms of seconds, * bay be used to express infinite here.
  • .2/.2, .4/.4 are the two segments.
  • Segment one (.2/.2) represents .2s for ringtones to turn On and .2s for ringtones to turn Off and Segment two (.4/.4) represents .4s for ringtones to turn On, .4s for ringtones to turn Off.

Okay, I took that advice, and modified all ring values larger. I tried increasing it to 180; and even used the * for an infininte; however I'm still only getting 60 second ring times.

Is there an option elsewhere I need to modify to enforce these ring rules?

Edit: Just looking through some call traces; strangely enough, now the origination is terminating the call after 60 seconds; but the ring is extended outside. Looks like ring cadance worked, now I have to troubleshoot my internal system. Thanks for your help!

You didn't marked answer as correct and I missed your "edit: " so I spend time searching for other solution. But nevermind - glad to hear my advice has solved the SPA8000 part of issue. Now you need to remove limits elsewhere.