Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA Language

3cxcisco08
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

in the latest firmware i have the issue that some phones do not load there lang file and use it.

the web interface stated "Deutsch" (german) for example bit the phone has chosen Italian.

I can not replicate this at any time but i found "Locale Group" below the lang setting. what is that for?

I have this on a phone not pulling the right lang to be de-DE and then it changed (with 5 reboots) to german...

And ideas?

2 Replies 2

klogata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The Locale parameter in the Regional tab sets the language in the HTTP Accept-Language header. As long as the Language Selection parameter in the Regional tab is entered correctly, the correct language is chosen in the phone GUI, and the correct dictionaries are installed on the server, I don't think the Locale parameter has an affect on the phone pulling the display language.

Hopefully someone in tech support can reply to help.

thanks,

Kerry

Hy Kerry,

I have check further. The phones need to reboot just many many times until they change the lang.

Also devices with SPA500S struggle a bit more to change the lang. Unplugging the S and it manges much better.

I could not found why but anyway, good to know that i do not have to care about the Locate Group.

Thx!