cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112

darylboyd
Level 1
Level 1

SPA112 is not displaying Visual CallerID. I get the tone that a call is incoming, but it does not display the number. I do get CallerID when a call comes in and I am not on the phone. Does this ATA support Visual Caller ID?

Thanks,

Daryl

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SPA112 has no display, so it can display nothing. I assume you are speaking about an unspecified phone connected to your SPA112.

The callerID needs to be delivered from SPA112 to your phone. What protocol your phone require for such transmission (consult phone's documentation, ask seller or vendor) ? Did you configured your's SPA112 to use such protocol for callerID transmission?

Sorry, should have been more clear... Not on the SPA112 itself, on the phones attached to it.

I do get the caller ID, when not already in a call, I am trying to get visual caller ID while already in a call and a 2nd call comes in. The phone does support this feature, and it works with my other ata (sipura 2000). Does the SPA112 support what the telco calls "Visual Call Waiting"

thanks,

Daryl

Visual Call Waiting seems to be a sort of "marketing label" selected by you telco. The feature you are speaking of is mostly called Call Waiting Caller ID (CWCID). SPA112 supports CWCID

All at all, you neet to know what protocol your phone expect to be used for the CWCID transmission. Then you need to configure the protocol on SPA112 - most of settings is on "Regional" tab. As the CID works for you, I suspecting the problem is related to some of ...*polarity*... configration value. Read phone's documentation for it's requirements related to CWCID transmission.

I did more research and this is what I am looking for.

My old ata did this, but the spa112 as its configured doesn't. I played around with some options but have not been able to get to dispaly the caller ID info while in a call.

Type II Caller ID

In 1995, Bellcore released another type of modulation, similar to Bell 202, in which it became possible to transmit caller ID information and even provide call-disposition options while the user was already on the telephone. This service became known in some markets as call waiting ID, or (when it was combined with call-disposition options), Call Waiting Deluxe; it is technically referred to as Analog Display Services Interface. "Call Waiting Deluxe" is the Bellcore (now Telcordia Technologies) term for Type II caller ID with Disposition Options.

thanks,

Daryl

This thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2193038

Seems to indicate that its broken in this release... Any ETA on a fix?

Daryl