Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 Disconnect Question

Stuart Holcombe
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have 2 x SPA3102's (running latest firmware) in a hotline configuration. Initially setup over a small test LAN and now over an MPLS network with a basic analogue handset connected on each side. I'm using the WAN port for the communication between devices and I have a dial plan on each device under the Line 1 tab that hotline dials the far site IP if the device goes off hook. I also have each device set to be able to make and answer calls without registration and settings wise that's just about all I have set. All other settings are factory default.

If I pickup one of the handsets, lets call it site A (which automatically dials), answer on site B and then hang up site B while keeping the site A hanset off hook then site B will ring again after a few moments. There is no repeat dial tone on site A and site B only rings for one or two rings before stopping. Is there some way modify this behaviour

If I hang up both handsets at the same time then there is no ringback. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuart.

2 Replies 2

Sounds as if it has something to do with site B thinking the on-hook is a flash hook when it doesn't get a BYE from Site A.  Maybe there is some bounce in the on-hook.  I would try disabling the secondary services that use flash hook ... Call waiting, Three Way Calling,Serv, Three Way Conf Service.

Thanks for your response. I have previously tried this and it made no difference.

I did a little more research on this and tried a warm line setup as oppossed to a hotline setup, using a P in the dialplan instead of an S. This causes the ATA to wait for a dialtone before initiating the call and of course when one side hangs up no further dialtone is issued so it does not redial.

I guessing this is just a bug that needs to be addressed in the hotline. Either way I am happy with the wam configuration.

Thanks

Stuart