Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 ATA Bells

Paul_NZ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have recently switched our phone system to VOIP and was supplied an SPA122 ATA to connect the old (really old) analog external ringer/bells. Needless to say after connecting the bells, they won't work.  I'm assuming there is a compatibility issue preventing the bells from ringing.  Is there any particular standard or connectivity to which the bells I connect should have to allow the bells to ring, or do I need to connect some kind of switch to the router and connect the bells to that?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

See Subscriber line interface circuit parameters in Cisco SPA122 ATA with Router Data Sheet. Any POTS device connected to SPA122 line needs to be compatible with those parameters to work.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There's nothing like analog standard. It vary from country to country, sometime even from telco to telco. Yo need to know what your equipment (external bells) requires. Then you need to found an ATA compatible with the equipment.

Thanks Dan,

These bells are really old, the ATA is brand new, so I figure I'm better to replace the bells rather than the ATA. So my question should be then what I need to look for in a bell set to make the configuration compatible.

See Subscriber line interface circuit parameters in Cisco SPA122 ATA with Router Data Sheet. Any POTS device connected to SPA122 line needs to be compatible with those parameters to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: