Views
Helpful
Replies

spa122 firmware upgrade problems

vedran2107
Level 1
Level 1

Hy.

I have had provision spa122 with new beta firmware spa122-1-2-0-028.bin.

In other topic i saw that spa122 is taking too long to provision. I figure out why is that so: every time (even if I put spa122 with latest firmware) spa122 upgrading firmware over and over again. Config files takes about 1-1,5 minutes and it is configured, but firmware upgrade takes about 7 minutes and here is the problem. I've tried everything...

So, my question is: HOW TO STOP SPA122 SO THAT SHE DOESN'T TAKES FIRMWARE MORE THAN ONCE?

Spa2102 upgrades firmware only 1. time provisioning, I need for spa122 to do upgrade only 1. time!

Please, HELP!

20 Replies 20

I would not reccomend using 1.2.1  I keep having random problems with them in the field including dissapearing and not showing up in arp.  We keep having to have our customers hold the reset button in to get them to come back up  I have 11 of them on my bench that have done this.  I am working on reproducing it here, but we have gone back to 1.1.0. and had to do a truck roll to every one that we installed with 1.2.1

Are you able to upgrade or remotely provision ATAs on the field with 1.1.0 firmware, using http provisioning?

yes we can do it via tftp by simply plugging in the spa.  The issue is that it takes somewhere between 2 and 30 minutes for it to get all its files and upgrade.

I have my files splt into 3 different ones

spa112.cfg has the upgrade rule to push firmware and profile rule to go to spa112-110.cfg

spa112-110.cfg has all my default configs and points profile rule b to the mac specific file.

Doing this often requires finding the ip address and doing an admin/resync or power cycling several times.

The PAP2t was so much better.  We can provision one in less than a minute every time

Note that when you download either the firmware or compiler tool; there are release notes included

You should be aware that there's a regression in 1.2.1 where users that attempt to use DTMF - like dialing towards IVRs, etc - will have problems because the ATA does not mute the calling parties original DTMF audio as generated by their telephone. This results in double digits, etc. I've got case open, and are working with them on that and several other issues.

Bob, have you gotten any update since August about the DTMF issue in v1.2.1?

I've just recently been running into this issue with a handful of the SPA122s that I upgraded from v1.1.0 to v1.2.1. I have two ATAs sitting side by side with the two different firmware revisions, and even with identical configurations, they absolutely behave differently.