Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122-RC VOIP ATA - is this locked?

jelreyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.

Last Thursday 7 December 2017 I purchased a Cisco SPA122-RC VOIP adapter from a nearby computer store in Sydney, Australia. I played around with it for several hours, trying to get it to work, however I was unable to.

According to my research since failing to getting it to function properly, this model (SPA122-RC), though sold unlocked and unused, is locked to a specific VOIP provider - is that what the 'RC' means in the model number?

It says 'Customization:Pending' under "Voice->Information". That means it's locked, right? I tried taking it back to the store, however they want me to get some verification from Cisco that this thing is 'faulty' or otherwise unusable before they take it back. That's why I'm here.

I suspect all of the SPA-122 VOIP adapters they have are all SPA-122-RCs, and thus unusable by anyone around here. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-RC models are customized for particular buyer. They are "locked" in most cases.

"Customization:Pending" claim it's virgin RC unit (it's waiting to receive initial configuration from VoIP provider). Unit in this state is unusable until provisioned by the provider.

This device have little or no value for you as you are not allowed to configure it according your wishes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-RC models are customized for particular buyer. They are "locked" in most cases.

"Customization:Pending" claim it's virgin RC unit (it's waiting to receive initial configuration from VoIP provider). Unit in this state is unusable until provisioned by the provider.

This device have little or no value for you as you are not allowed to configure it according your wishes.