Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA232D gw0 outbound via PSTN not working

I am using firmware 1.3.2.

I am trying to use an analog telephone with the Line 1 port to make outbound calls via Voip or PSTN. I cannot get the outbound calls to route via PSTN at all...even if using Line 1 Dial Plan (*xx<:@gw0>|xx.<:@gw0>)

PSTN calls are working while using 302d handset. VOIP calls are working using Line 1 and using 302d handset.

If I dial 555666777 then during attempted call, Voice Information for Line 1 shows ....

Call 1 State.....Invalid

Call 1 Peer Phone .....555666777@gw0

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There has been great article SPA232D & SPA302D: From Getting Started to Advanced Call Routing Scenarios (former DOC-30269 on Jive) dedicated to the topic. Unfortunately, such document has been deleted by Cisco.

I has found a PDF copy of the article - it's attached. Follow instructions on page 11. (Configuring the PSTN Port to Allow Outbound Calls from Analog Phone Connected to the PHONE Port). If it doesn't work, turn on syslog&debug of Voice Application and catch their messages. It may help you/us to identify issue cause.

Thank you.

That document is the one I was following in order to use gw0.

Can you tell me how to access the info by syslog & debug?
Regards,

Thank you for your help.

I am trying to use Wireshark, but cannot figure out how to capture the Syslog info on it.

I have just checked again, and it seems like the analog phone connected to the 232d cannot connect to the PSTN system, even when the SIP info is removed....Perhaps a hardware problem.

This screenshot is while trying to make a call.

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 10.13.55.jpg

Wireshark's successful use depends on LAN topology. Ask your local network administrator (or just someone who understands your local network) for help.

The screenshot disclosed you got reorder tone. It mean "unable to complete call setup". With no details we know just "it doesn't work" for whatever reason.

As some calls can be routed to PSTN successfully, I assume no "hardware issue" hypothesis. But you can analyze it by self - just try the following from the PDF document above:

Configuring the PSTN Port to Allow Outbound Calls from Analog Phone Connected to the PHONE Port
If you have not configured anything and go off-hook on the analog phone connected to the PHONE port, you will hear dial tone and will be able to make outbound phone calls just like you would if the analog phone was connected directly to the wall jack in your house.