cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA303 - How to dial using tel: URI or include user=phone in the INVITE message

mervyn_yeo
Level 1
Level 1

I'm registered with a SIP provider using my SPA303 but I'm unable to make calls. I've got phones that work with this provider and the SIP trace shows that the INVITE string uses tel: instead of sip: and for another phone, it has an option called "Use user=phone" which makes calling work. I've gone through the administration guide PDF file and the phone's web interface but I've not found anything similar. Can this be done on the SPA303? Or are there ways around it?

3 Replies 3

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I don't see any parameters available in the SIP tab that would affect this.  Have you ask your service provider why they use INVITE tel: ?   What is the error message in the SIP message transaction?  Can you paste the log here?

Because the other end is a PTSN network. On the Snom 300 there's an option called "Use user:phone:", on the Yealink it's called "Use user=phone", and on Asterisk it's called "usereqphone=yes".

There are no error messages. To the provider, it would look like I've dialed an incorrect number.

Please send me a screen capture of this setting on the Snom phone and either a log or trace showing the Snom phone successful call and the log/trace of the SPA phone failed call.  Then I can log a feature request for this against the SPA phone.  You can email to me at nseto at cisco.com.  Thanks!