Views
Helpful
Replies

spa3102 & CID

kabelnet2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured my SPA3102 to handle CID on PSTN line. In our country the standard is ETSI FSK + V23. Everything is working fine - during a few calls or on first day. After that the 'Private caller' string is displayed on the phone, no caller id displayed on WEB information screen. If I switch off and on the device (SPA3102), the CID is displayed again during a few calls.

I use the latest firmware (5.1.10).

I hope, someone can help me.

Regards, kabelnet (Tamás Borlay)

96 Replies 96

Hi Patrick,

Of course, I send you the configuration again. But please remember to the last step of my test: I restored the original configuration.

Regards, Tamás

Hi Tamás,

I understand, and thanks for humoring me. I like the config again because this way, any "accidental, unmentioned" changes don't go unnoticed. :-)

Some questions:

1. I see that no debug or syslog server is defined in the config. Did you make any other changes prior to sending me the config?

2. Please confirm, caller id works every time for inbound calls from ITSP?

3. Please confirm, caller id only works for the first time after reboot for inbound calls from PSTN?

I am looking through the log file that you sent. I want to easily compare the first call to the second call but find that the log is full of other information.

The log file shows 5 successful looking caller id but I can't easily identify failed caller id instances:

• line 71 at ~ April 29 18H21
  • line 127 at ~ April 30 08H42
  • line 238
  • line 344 at May 19 09H21
  • line 466

Can you give me a clean log file please? Produce the log as follows:

a. configure logging on the SPA3102 and save

b. remove the existing sylsog file, start the syslog server, and document the time, example 19H43

c. make one call from external phone. [this time caller id should work]
     Document time, number that called, and document what phone on SPA3102 displays.

d. make one call from the same external phone. [this time caller id should fail]
     Document time, number that called, and document what phone on SPA3102 displays.

e. stop the syslog server

f. send me the entire syslog file.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

1. I think, there are sevaral way to restore a configuration. I duble click on the saved HTML and press Submit changes. This restores the parameters were in the saved configuration. And because there was no logging at the time of save, it is not set in currect config also. (I switch off the logging when I do not use it, because generally the syslog server is not running on my PC.)

2. Yes, if PSTN is connected directly to my Panasonic DECT - it always displays the CID (at least if I use my mobil phone which was used in the tests).

3. When I wrote 'Reset & test', that means that I switched off/on SPA, made a call with my mobil, off hook - on hook phone. In this tests, there was CID during ringing of the 1st call (call after reset), and there was not CID during other calls.

I prepare you a call with CID and without CID. In CID_is_OK file, in 2nd and 4th lines the number is the CID.

Regards, Tamás

Hi Patrick,

I made the test again to give you clear documents:

1. Factory reset, set WAN,LAN, remote management.

2. Set Voip proxy parameters - nothing else.

3. Start syslog on PC & SPA.

4. Save configuration (...before_1st_call)

5. Make a call from my mobil, CID is OK, displayed. Hook off, on.

6. Save configuration (...after_1st_call)

7. Make a call, NO CID (Private caller). Hooh off, on.

8. Save configutarion (...after _2nd_call)

End of test.

I hope this help you. Regards, Tamás

Thanks Tamás,

I'll take a look and then escalate.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

An additional information: the CID is displayed fine when the call is received from Voip line.

(It is a rare situation in my practice, but today I received such call and the CID was displayed.)

Regards, Tamás

Hi Tamás,

Thanks for the additional information. I escalated last week to Quality Assurance and Escalation Engineering. They're not previously experienced the reported behavior. I'm hoping that they will have some thoughts on how best to troubleshoot this.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Tamás,

Can you please provide very a detailed, step-by-step description of how you configure the SPA3102?

Escalation Engineering have engaged and want to attempt to replicate the problem in Cisco's labs.

In order to do this, we need to know exactly how the device is connected and what changes you make after factory defaulting the device.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

I have a home network with WRT610 and an ASUS Gigabit switch. The Internet is connected to WRT610, my computer and SPA are connected to teh switch. This network uses 192.168.0.x addresses. My PSTN line is connected directly to SPA, otherwise my Panasonic DECT phone is also connected directly to SPA.

After factory reset I connected my notebook to SPA and I changed its address to 192.168.1.1, and allowed remote control. I saved the changes. After that I could control the device from my computer using its address on that network (192.168.0.116, I use reserved IP). I reduced the private IP range to my network (192.168.x.x), but it is not interesting. During the test I set the syslog and debug server address (to my computer) and debug level to 3 also.

After that I continue the configuration from my computer (connected to WRT610). I set only the minimal to Voip service: SIP proxy require, proxy, user id and password. I saved the changes and start the test. During the second call the CID display problem occured (see the description of test).

This was the full description of the setting before the 1st test.

The full setup of SPA contains the followings also:

1. On Regional tab I set the CID method, the FXS port impedance, and call progress tones to Hungarian standard

2. On line1 I set dial plan

3. On PSTN line I set FXO port, disconnect time, and change the long silent parameters (there was automatic disconnect during long calls, therefore I changed the parameters).

Thats all. You can see the used parameters on the saved configurations sent before.

Regards, Tamás

Thank Tamás,

I'll forward to the team for analysis.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

I am sure, that I wrote somewhere in the past, that the CID is correctly displayed until the first Off hook - On hook action, and it is wrong after this sequence. I think it is important for your team, because it means, that SPA correctly detects the CID with original settings (=> settings after reset), but the Off hook - On hook sequence changes any internal status which causes problem in CID detection or processing.

I made a new log file about that. Reset, call-disconnect, call-disconnect, call-disconnect,call-off hook-on-hook,call-off hook... was the sequence. In first 4 cases (until the off hook)  the CID was correctly displayed during ringing. After off-hook-on-hook only 'private caller' was displayed.

Regards, Tamás

Hi Tamás,

Thanks for this new information. I'll share with the Test & Engineering teams that are attempting to replicate this issue.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Tamás,

Thanks to your patience, detailed explanations, config files, and logs, the Cisco team have been able to replicate the issue in our labs.

Now that the team can replicate the issue, they can work to understanding the root cause and work on developing a fix.

I'll keep you posted, but feel free to ask for a status at any time.

At this time, I do not yet have a time-to-fix estimate.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

HI Patrick,

This is a very good information. Thank your help. I am waiting to the solution.

Regards, Tamás

weeelll?

i have the exact same problem in Australia.

However I seem to recall that before my firmware upgrade i had CID working on both voip and pstn, now i only have voip cid coming through.

i am keen for a resolution on this.  thanks in advance

anthony