cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G Call Pick Activation

simongutman
Level 1
Level 1

How can I activate Call Pick UP on an SPA504G?

I have enabled the supplimentary service, and moved the "pickup" task to softkey 3 on the dialling menu, but the option does not appear on the screen.

The phone is conected to a small test cluster usign a generic SIP Proxy/Registrar.

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Moved ? Pickup key is not present on dialing menu but on idle menu. I'm not sure if pickup softkey can appear on dialing menu at all.

Do you have "Call Pickup Server" configured ? Did you enabled "Programmable Softkey Enable" ?

My Idle Menu currently looks like this

em_login|1;acd_login|1;acd_logout|1;astate|2;avail|3;unavail|3;redial|5;dir|6;pickup|7;dnd|8;lcr|9;pickup|10;gpickup|11;unpark|12;em_logout

The first softkey shows as DIR, the second is blank, third is DND. I think with this configuration Pickup should be on softkey 2.

I have the Programable SoftKey Enable and Call Pickup Serv both set to YES.

Puting Pickup on the dial menu was a desperte attempt to get the phone to actually give me the option to use.

My Idle Menu currently looks like this 

em_login|1;acd_login|1;acd_logout|1;astate|2;avail|3;unavail|3;redial|5;dir|6;pickup|7;dnd|8;lcr|9;pickup|10;gpickup|11;unpark|12;em_logout

The first softkey shows as DIR, the second is blank, third is DND.

So pickup key is not present even on Idle screen. Then we can skip "can be pickup key added to dial screen" question.

I founded the following document: https://communities.cisco.com/message/48181#48181

Despite it speak about Group Pickup not "plain" Pickup, I suspect it apply to you as well. I assume you are not using Syllantro nor SIP-B capable exchange ...