cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G Issues

MerkMan07
Level 1
Level 1

I am a newbie with a Cisco phone.  Every other phone I have used has allowed me to do two things that I cannot find a way to do with the SPA54G:

1 - How do I place a dialing delay into a number in my phone directory?  Usually this is done with a comma, but this phone rejects that.  I am trying to sidestep automated menus.  For instance, if I call a client, I might want the number dialed to be 555-555-5555,,,1,2 with the latter selections allowing me to bypass the auto-attendant.  Same with my voicemail access.  I want my password to automatically dial.  Is it possible?

2 - Is it possible to customize the soft keys?  The existing softkeys are not to my liking and it would be more useful to have them function the way I work. 

I am just an end-user with little technical knowledge.  But I do have admin access to this phone.

Your thoughts and assistance are appreciated.

Merk

4 Replies 4

MerkMan07
Level 1
Level 1

I found the answer to my first question and the solution is described in this post: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3985843#3985843

I would still appreciate assistance with the second question.  Thanks.

Did you read http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/3_3_4/english/programming/guide/ip334ch3.html ?

It may or may not be what you are asked for ...

Rate helpfull replies ...

Thank you, Dan. I'm was not able to find the answer in that resource, but your post made me dig deeper and I did find a solution on page 62 of the Cisco Administration Guide for this phone.  It describes how to customize the soft keys, and although it is not simple, it can be done. 

When will Cisco install an easy-to-use interface on these phones?  It's like being in the days of DOS with the ways these things work.

I'm sorry, but I'm not with you about it, The base usage of phone require no complex configuration.

I prefer interface allowing me to configure as much aspects of phone as possible. Yes, I need to read Administrators guide. May be twice. Advanced use require administrator with apppropriate skills ...

Simplified interface assume specific kind of usage, It may help to  administrator asking for such style of work. It will make thinks  worse for everyne asking another style.