cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA504G Production Run Problem?

crowda
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a problem with about 10 SPA504G phones with MAC Addresses that all start with A44C11.

The phones will come up and grab a new config from our servers and upgrade their software to 7.5.2b.  Once they do that they reboot and then just sort of hang and are non -responsive.  I've done a packet capture and I never see them sending any registration packets to our soft switch.  I'm able to ping the devices, but unable to get to the web interface. 

I'm thinking it's just a bad batch of phones, but not really sure. 

I've tried a very generic config file, numerous factory resets, different firmware, etc.

Anyone else seen this?

2 Replies 2

Dustin Tucker
Level 1
Level 1

Adding my name to this thread.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

crowda
Level 1
Level 1

So what appears to be happening is that the phoens are getting hung on an http redirect. 

The Broadworks DMS server has multiple IP addresses so the system first request a file from a generic url then the redirect sends the phone to a specific server. 

On most phones this has been working just fine, however on this new batch of phones it does not work at all. 

If I put the phones on a subnet that does not have any dhcp options for tftp then I can factory reset and get to the web interface.  If I manually put in profile rules that have the specific urls that don't use the redirect, then it works fine.