Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA509G phones reboot

cgtscisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a UC320 with 6 SPA509G phones connected to it.  Every few days the phones continously reboot until the UC320 is reset.  I have upgraded the UC320 to the latest firmware and tried different cables/switches.

Any thoughts on what other steps I can take before reaching out to support?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eugene,

With UC320W version 2.2.2(1) the phone firmware maintains a list of the last 5 rebooot reason codes.  Press setup button on the phone and option # 20 Reboot Reason and check why the phone has rebooted. Please start there.

Also what type of network switch are you using with the UC320W?

Regards,

Randy

Hello!  Thanks so much for your help Randall.

The last 5 reboots are all BackupID and VLanChanged.

The switch is currently a Linksys SD205.  We also have used a Linksys EZXS99W and a Netgear GS105.  Since these are all dumb switches I can only assume that the VLAN changing is happening with the UC320. 

Also just to clarify what I meant by reset the UC320 is pulling the power for a minute and plugging it back in.

Thoughts?

Eugene,

The reboot reasons

BackupIP -The phone did not obtain an IP address when it booted up and kept the last used IP address. 

VLanChanged: Could be related to LLDP-MED message timeout.

Please email me at rbordner@cisco.com and I can provide you a PMF file to disable LLDP-MED on all of your phones.  This should avoid the VLAN Changed reboot reason.  This could require you to manually configure a voice vlan (100) and properly configure the ports.

Using a Cisco Small Business Switch will automatically configure the voice vlan.

Randy