cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA512G Second External Caller Makes Transfer Option Dissapear

tkatsiaounis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have an asterisk call server and about 100 spa512g phones deployed and i have a problem (small for everyone BUT the receptionist for whom its HUGE). Lets say receptionist is person 1 and an external caller is person 2. Person 2 calls and asks for person 3 who is an employee. If while the receptionist (person 1) and the external caller (person 2) talk another external caller (lets say person 4) makes a call then the receptionist can only toggle between person 2 & person 4 without being able to transfer the call to any one else.

I have tried the programming buttons feature with no result. I also saw on the administration guide that i could change the Line Navigation option to per call instead of per line but there is NO such option in my web-UI. Is that a Cisco bug or not? I am using SIP mode.

My final solution would be to create queues on my asterisk server but i would prefer to make the xfer button reapear and work normally. I am using firmware 7.5.3.

Any help (including any programmable softkeys hints, everyone makes mistakes i could probably have) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

You are correct in in the 'per line', 'per call' option.

Details at

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13932

You should be seeing this in the Phone tab under Miscellaneous Line Key Settings.

Did you go into the web UI as admin/advanced?  That login should show everything.

I have indeed logged in as admin/advanced and still it is not there. In the meantime i have found out that when i increased the lines to 6 (from default 2) the per call navigation auto worked. Probably in the 512g and 7.5.3 firmware cisco changed the appearence of the menu. I have seen many changes in the 50x documentation and the 51x implementation of stuff. 51x series documentation though is scarce.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway. Problem solved.