Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G 7.4.9a soft buttons showing "in"

graeme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

we just added to SPA 525G phones to our UC540, and they were showing the softbuttons correctly when first correcte dthey have now upgraded to 7.4.9a firmware.

They now show on idle

In In CFwdAll more.

But should show

Redial, New Call, CFwdAll More

The buttons do what they are assigned to do just display wrong,

We have tried assignin all the templates icnluded and even created a custom template, and assigned that and still the same issue.

Any ideas

Graeme

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Graeme,

You should be able to downgrade the firmware.  Just load up the 7.4.8 firmware, then reboot the phones, and they should then downgrade to that version.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Graeme,

I would suggest looking at the "Network Locale", and "User Locale" statements in the Telephony-Service section of the config.  I have seen softkeys beeing displayed incorrectly when there are problems with the Locales.

Thank you,

Darren

HI Both are set to U4

We are having other weir issues with these 525's now, one of the phones randomly doesn accept internal calls whislt accepting external, and also vice versa

There is also some issues with the RIngtones, we added the CTU tone to the list, and it show up on CCA and other phones as tone 33, but the 525G not only is it 33, it is also Chirp1 (must point out that Chirp1, is listed and displayed, but sounds as the CTU tone).

Is there anyway to roll them back to exactly how they cam from the factory as they worked fine then on 7.4.8 and its only post the 7.4.9 upgrade that they have gone al screwey

Thanks

Graeme

Hello Graeme,

You should be able to downgrade the firmware.  Just load up the 7.4.8 firmware, then reboot the phones, and they should then downgrade to that version.

Thank you,

Darren

Oh Yeh,

Never thought of just try it

Thats got the firmware back and the buttons working again.

Any ideas as to whats happened with the Chirp Ring Tone.

Isnt Chirp1 the default one that allows for the dsifferent cadences?

Graeme

Graeme,

Not sure what happened with the ringtone..  I setup my 525 here, and loaded 7.4.9a, and do not have any problems with the softkeys, and the default ringtone is still Chirp 1.  I still believe that it is related to the "network locale".

Thank you,

Darren

Ok,

though the system is set to UK English across the board,

The SPA525G show their user locale and network locale as User_Defined_4

How and where do I change this?

Not familiar with the 525 at all.

Thanks

Graeme

Graeme,

Your locale may be set correctly.  It will show user defined, and then the specific locale you have configured.  To reload the locale, you can download and install the locale for your region..  (UC_500_8.2.0_locale_en_GB.zip)

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282877316&flowid=5344&softwareid=282762907&release=8.2(0)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Thank you,

Darren

Hi Darren,

Thanks dont that again it was GB that was installed and I reinstalled it, and the same result.

I dont know whats heppend with the ring tones.

Is there anyway to completely wipe these phones not just a factory reset, as that doesnt seem to reset and wipe everything.

If not I guess were stuck with it.

Graeme

Hello Graeme,

Factory reset is the only way I know of to reset these phones.  If there is another, more complete reset, I do not know what it is..  sorry..

Thank you,

Darren

Ok Thanks,

Looks like were stuck with the Chirp 1 ringotone being the CTu ringtone.

No worries everything else seems to be working ok now.

Thanks for your help

Graeme