ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA525G Phone Ring while on another extension.

tomlim526
Level 1
Level 1

With the SPA525G, if you're already on an extension and someone calls on another extension, can it be setup so it rings as well??

8 Replies 8

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you can.

- Click 'admin login'

- click phone tab

- put the same extension on multiple line keys

Brandon

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Brandon,

Thanks for the quick response.

However, we are using all 5 extensions for 5 different external phone numbers.  And when our receptionist is on one line, the other lines don't ring at all.  Goes right to our auto-attendant, which is what it's suppose to do if there is no answer.

But is it possible to use the Attendant console for extra extensions??

Sorry, I misunderstood.  So, you are asking for 'off-hook ringing'.  I am not sure if that is available.  There should be a 'call waiting tone' that you hear via the handset or headset when you are on one line and another rings.  Do you know if that is working?  Is that not an acceptable solution?

Brandon

There is no call waiting tone.  I'm guessing there should be one??  How do I turn that on??

I have a 504G with 7.4.6 firmware.  It is running in SIP mode with a non-Cisco PBX.  I hear the call waiting tone through headset, handset and speaker (depending on which I use) if I make a call out on line 4 for example and I get a call in on line 1.

The only place i can think to check is user > supp services > CW setting (y/n)

This is also in the phone menu under prefs > item 14

Brandon

I had just found it right after I sent my previous message.

That worked!!!  Thanks!

But now paging doesn't work.  I don't see how they are related though!

GRRR  I solve one problem, and it creates another!!

tomlim526
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, here's what I've got so far, keeping in mind that all 5 extensions are in use for different subsrcibers lines (ie different external lines).

With:

• CW Setting: YES
  • Auto Answer Page: NO

Everything works fine, except that when you page from this 525G it rings the other extensions on the same phone.  So if it's a long page, you hear the beep, and when you hang up the phone rings once.

With:

• CW Setting: YES
  • Auto Answer Page: YES

The call waiting works, but Page doesn't work at all. The combination of Call waiting and Auto Page creates a quick loop of all extensions during a page and then disconnects.

With:

• CW Setting: NO
  • Auto Answer Page: YES

Works great, but with no call waiting

Our PBX is Jazinga, and it doesn't support paging to specific phones.

Guess I'm stuck with the first option.

I think a simple solution to this would be to move the Auto Answer Page to be specific to each extension rather than the whole phone.

There's got to be a solution to this.