Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8000 UC560

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi good morning

Can I use 2 or 3 SPA8000 to get analog extensions with a UC560?

We need to connect 20 extensions ..

regards

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, the only supported methods for FXS are:

1. Built-in FXS Ports

2. VWIC FXS card

3. SPA8800

(Officially anyway... if you are configuring in CLI... the VG224 *might* work -- in fact it almost certainly would in H323 mode... SCCP is a bit more iffy)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

If you need to connect 20 extensions the best option would be a VG224 (24 ports). SPA8000 would work but please note that testing (and support) has covered only 1 SPA8000 per system.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

You... answered yourself? 0_o

Hi Daniel,

No, someone already answer to me what you see above, I wanted to share it with the community, however I have another question

Does the UC560 supports the VG224?

No, the only supported methods for FXS are:

1. Built-in FXS Ports

2. VWIC FXS card

3. SPA8800

(Officially anyway... if you are configuring in CLI... the VG224 *might* work -- in fact it almost certainly would in H323 mode... SCCP is a bit more iffy)

Thanks Daniel