cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8800 with UC560

ktobeey
Level 1
Level 1

I have connected a SPA8800 to our UC560 to provide connections to a couple of remote devices. I am running the 8.6 version of the UC software and the SPA has been added using the GUI interface on the FXS Gateways tab under Users and Phones. Supposedly this configuration is supported.  The second line on the SPA8800 is a callbox at a gate which calls an extension so the gate can be opened. Outgoing calls from the gate callbox work just fine. The connection on line 1 goes to a PA system where I am trying to get it to answer so we can make announcements over the PA System. Whenever I dial the extension on the SPA8800 for that port, I get a fast busy. My first thought was that there is an issue with the outgoing dial plan. Using the Outgoing Dialplan test, when I set a line on the SPA8800 as a destination I get the result “ IP4:10.1.1.10:5060” which corresponds to the line on the SPA. I have added no other lines or devices to the config other than the SPA8800. Any idea what I am missing?

Thanks,

Kevin Tobey

1 Reply 1

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Kevin,

To rule out an issue with the PA system can you connect an analog phone to the SPA8800 and make some test calls to that phone?

If the analog phone can't make/receive calls, I'd like for you to do the following:

1. Post a copy of the UC's running configuration here(removing username/passwords, public IPs, VPN preshared keys, etc).

2. While running the following debugs, please reproduce the issue and post the debug output here.

2a. debug voice ccapi inout

3a. debug ccsip messages

Finally, what is the PA device being used?

Thanks,

-john