cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8800s keep dying (on my 4th replacement) - IS THIS A KNOWN ISSUE?

Good day,

I am using a SPA8800 as an analog gateway for a Business Edition 3000 deployment. I am now going to be going on my fourth replacement unit of the SPA8800 and am hoping someone at Cisco sees this post and can provide some insight.

All of my failed SPAs exhibit the same failure. It seems the ethernet port just stops working. The first unit died within 30 minutes. The subsequent replacements have lasted longer (days to weeks) but all eventually failed as well.

More problem details: I have 4 solid lights on the "Status" indicator. The ethernet indicator on the SPA blinks a slow steady green light. There is no link light on any switch port I plug the SPA into.

On the latest failure, the SPA was working fine for about 2 weeks. I unplugged the SPA from the switch port it was plugged into temporarily to move the physical cable, and when I plugged it back in to the switch, the ethernet port did not come back up. There is no link light on the switch port.

The SPA is plugged into a UPS for conditioned power, so I do not believe it is an environmental issue.

Has anyone else experienced such issues with these devices? Can someone from Cisco comment on these failures?

Thanks.

0 Replies 0