Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA941 - DST not working

ryan-glenn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SPA941 running with the latest firmware 5.1.8. DST is not working. Time is one hour behind. This was also a problem with the SPA-9x2 phones before and was corrected with a new firmware. Is there a fix for this?

Regards,

Ryan

23 Replies 23

We are currently testing this issue in our lab to get you a solution. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for you patience,

Cisco Moderation Team

Hi Ryan,

Very resourceful solution. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I'll be able to offer something shortly.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Ryan and Marc,

I configured a private NTP server in my lab, ran a sniffer on the network, manually manipulated ntpd's time, restarted ntpd, and rebooted the SPA941 [many, many times]

Engineering are going to review the SPA9x1's DST code.

I'll let you know when a fix is available or the status changes.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Great

Thanks for the update

Marc

Thanks Patrick. Appreciate that.

Regards,

Ryan

Here's the official work-around:

There are three parts to the work-around:

1. Increase the phone's timezone by one. Example, if your phone is normally GMT+10:00, change to GMT+11:00

2. Use the following Daylight Saving Time Rule on the phone: start=3/1/7/2:00;end=10/1/7/2:00;save=-1
     This will cause the phone to be one hour ahead during summer in the southern hemisphere, October to March.
     The phone time is adjusted during winter in the southern hemisphere, March to October, with the save=-1

3. Disable automatic provisioning by the SPA9000 else custom DST rule and time zone will be overwritten by the SPA9000: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-4777

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the update.

I'll try this workaround.  Is this gonna be fixed anyway in future firmware update ?

Marc

Marc,

I checked with the product manager and he is evaluating the issue. At this time I do not know if/when a fix will be available. I will report back as soon as I have new information.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Marc,

I have configured a "private" NTP server in my lab and am testing settings and will report back as soon as I have something useful.

I appreciate you letting me know that you have a DST problem with your phone.

Regards,

Patrick

----------