Views
Helpful
Replies

SPC 7.5.7 exec problem under linux

bilbolodz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've found problem executing new version of SPC complier for linux. Old version (7.5.6) is working fine but when I'm trying to execute I've got an error:

"cannot execute binary file"

Problem is with ALL 7.5.7 spc compilers:

spa50x-30x-sccp-7-5-7-spc-linux-i386  spa50x-30x-sip-7-5-7-spc-linux-i386  spa525g-sccp-7-5-7-spc-linux-i386  spa525g-sip-7-5-7-spc-linux-i386

I've checked and it looks that binary file is broken:

file output from OLD working file:

spa525g-sip-7-5-6-spc-linux-i386: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, BuildID[sha1]=0x5b072277982537f4aa99678835caaf975728ce8f, stripped

NEW NOT working:

spa525g-sip-7-5-7-spc-linux-i386: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), corrupted program header size, corrupted section header size

I've chcecked under Debian wheezy and Ubuntu 14.10 distributions.

18 Replies 18

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It may not be recognized as answer to your's question, but did you considered to use XML style of configuration file instead of SPC compiled one ?

I've made a "whole system" to bulk provisioning based ond SPC compliers and I'm not going to change it (I don't have time now for such project). Great (for me) functionality is "--target" options which give me "a little encrypion" for config files. I know that it's not a perfect sollution for encrypting config files but it's working so far.

it's working so far.

The matter of this thread is - it's not working now.

You need to wait for Cisco help as no one else can provide correct SPC compiler to you. This discussion forum is not the best place for your request. Call Cisco Small Business Support Center for help.

So I mentioned the XML style. It can be used in "whole system" you have. All remain same but format of file. XML style configuration provide the same service, including the encryption, but it doesn't create superfluous dependency to Cisco support.

Of course, such advice doesn't help you right now. Now you need just to wait for Cisco turn only.

Actually I've had a similiar problem a few years ago (broken spc compiler) and Cisco stuff provided a fixed version.

So I wish they will help you even now ...

Has anyone got spa50x-30x-sip-7-6-1-spc-linux-i386 working ? The SPC tool (filename above) I downloaded just gives me a 'Segmentation fault (core dumped)' error under 32bit Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.4)

I desperately need blank XML profile files for 7.6.1

I grabbed a config via spacfg.xml from the web ui. All good.

Actually, not all good ! The spacfg.xml file does not have all the default user access values ie.  ua="rw" etc

True. Use Report_Rule to obtain current configuration including the ua values.

Thats seemed straight forward until I realised I had to find a way to send a 'SIP NOTIFY' message to the phone. No idea how to do that. My test lab is running FreePBX.

I'm not familiar with FreePBX features (we are using plain Asterisk). Ask in FreePBX related forum how to send it (if possible at all).

Or create simple C program that will send such packet to phone for you.

FreePBX just wraps around Asterisk. Do you know the Asterisk CLI commands to achieve this ?

Add following section to sip_notify.conf:

[cisco-get-report]
Event=>report

Restart the server, then use sip notify cisco-get-report [device name]

heheheh I was just waiting for the server to reboot after making that exact change when I saw this ;)