cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time synchronization on a UC540

hallmon123
Level 1
Level 1

While I was changing some features on a UC540 for a customer today, my contact mentioned that since we installed the UC540 last March, the time displayed on the phones gradually worked it's way back to 17 minutes behind the actual time of day.

The customer's system is standalone ie. no internet connection.

When I was finished and saved the changes, it syncronized back to the correct time for some reason.

Question, had anyone experienced the cumulative error in time of day on the UC540 with no internet connection ?  Did you correct it ?  If so how ?

I'm wondering if there's a patch that addressed this as no updates have been done since the original installation last winter.

Thanks.  Jon

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jon,

Not aware of any patch for this... Are you running Software Pack 8.2?

The time fixed itself up because it will Sync to your computer time if there is no other source, if the UC can be made to talk to a server on the network, then you can change the NTP server to point to an SBS server and get it from there?

Just a thought.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *