Views
Helpful
Replies

transcoding setup & configuration help - UC560

DNAdatacom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I think I need transcoding and/or mtp resources for some VoIP/SIP to ISDN calls that are experiencing no audio in either direction

Anyone have a configuration for me to apply? Don't see a way to do it via CCA 3 -

Only DSP configuration I see comes via hardware conference bridge which I setup already

And my T1 PRI

I'm not even sure this is my problem but I don't see what else it could be

It's a site to site VPN tunnel with SIP / VOIP dial peers - and calls to local CME ip phones work fine - audio bothways is good

Only when caller sends me 10 digits over this same VoIP trunk / VPN tunnel for local call to send out my ISDN PRI T1 do I get no audio both ways

Call drops / disco's at about 20 seconds with some sort of timer expiry cause in debugs

Thanks in advance

MG

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Michelle,

Who knows what it could be, not enough infomation for me at least to figure what might be happening. I even thought are they dialing 9 to get a outside line, before they start to dial the local 10 digit number . But from your description a outgoing call is made.

It may have been interesting to see the ISDN cause code, and a Q.931 call control debug, as from your description,  a call does go out over the PRI.

But there are lots of debugging that can be enables to check out what's actually  happening.

Why not make an initial phone call to the Small business Support Center via the following URL below; and allow

the wonderful folks there to provide you with some assistance.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

regards Dave