cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 320W firmware upgrade

brendan.lacey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC 320W on evaluation, whenever I log in, it informs me that it is running firmware 2.0.1(3) and that I should upgrade to 2.0.9(3).

However when I try to do this it fails :-

Firmware downloads (100% on progress slider)

Upgrade commences but only gets to 98% on slider then stops, and apparently hangs for about 10 mins at which point I am returned to login screen.

Any idea of cause?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Brendan,

There are a couple of things that may cause this to happen.  The good news is once you are on the newer firmware the upgrade software has a number of improvements to prevent this from happening.

Make sure you are using one of the supported browsers and version.

Ensure that there are no other tabs open that are running Adobe Flash.

Ensure the PC is connected to only one network (disable WiFi if connected with Ethernet).

Some users have reported security software such as antivirus has been seen to cause this behavior.

If you make a call into the Small Business Support Center, an engineer can help with the upgrade:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi Brendan,

There are a couple of things that may cause this to happen.  The good news is once you are on the newer firmware the upgrade software has a number of improvements to prevent this from happening.

Make sure you are using one of the supported browsers and version.

Ensure that there are no other tabs open that are running Adobe Flash.

Ensure the PC is connected to only one network (disable WiFi if connected with Ethernet).

Some users have reported security software such as antivirus has been seen to cause this behavior.

If you make a call into the Small Business Support Center, an engineer can help with the upgrade:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Chris

Chris,

I have turned off AV and wireless, updated my Flash to latest available from adobe, made sure nothing else was running but same result.

Just a thought does update attempt to burn attached handsets as well, i.e. would all regsitered devices have to be "live" during update ?

Brendan,

You might consider going to a earlier version like 2.0.6 before going to 2.0.9.3. I have never seen this issue. If this does not work, I would consider openeing a TAC case.

Navin

Thanks that worked system is now on 2.0.6(10). I will now load 2.0.9.

Strange thing though it still came up with "firmware upgrade error" between loading and applying stages although it then went on to 100% on second attempt.

I've only had issues with the upgrade stalling when I had phones defined, but not connected....it was as if the system was awaiting their connection to the system before proceeding. Nothing serious though!

Try downloading the latest firmware locally and then perform an 'Upgrade from your PC' by clicking on the 'Upgrade from your PC' button in the [Status], [Devices] page.

This worked for me...