cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 500 Voicemail Auto Delete

itechsolutions
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this has been asked before but I am hoping there is a way to do this. We have all our users using Voicemail notification to e-mail however the voicemails stay on the phone system. With our old phone system there was a option to email and delete from phone. Is there any options for this on the UC system. It is a bit of a time waste for the user to have to delete the voicemail from outlook then go to the phone and delete the message again. I know there is the option to set up a imap acocunt to the voicemail box however the users would not recieve those messages while out the office.

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steve,

The only way I know this can be achieved is if you use IMAP instead of SMTP, with IMAP if you move it to another folder it will delete it from the UC-500, or if you delete it as well.

SMTP has its place, but 100% of the time I would only ever recommend you do IMAP and resort only to SMTP if you have no other choice.

The reason why SMTP does not delete it or give you the option, is that with SMTP it can fail and there is no ability within the CUE side to give a persistent level of retries and then give up... My recommendation and stick with what works and has been proven to work well for quite some time "IMAP".

Cheers,

David Trad.

**If you don't want to rate a post that is fine, I'll just find out where you live and hunt you down**

^^ That's a joke just in case you didn't get it :)

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello Steve,

Absolutely agree with David (+5)!

Best regards,

Alex

Maybe I am missing something but when we set up IMAP to the voicemail system the user then has to manage 2 inboxes one for there normal Exchange e-mail and one for their voicemail? Also the IMAP to the Phone system is not set up on the users Active Sync devices and prevents them from checking voicemail on the road. To me it seems that having the Voicemail notification that has the voicemail attached to the e-mail is the best solution if only the phone system would delete the message from the phone when it sends this notification. This was a basic feature on the Avaya system and was hoping there was a way to do this on the UC500.

Hello Steve,

My understanding is that the idea is that is notification (when you send voicemail to email).

When you are connecting to the CUE and check the voicemail then you are communicating with it and it is sure that you have reached it and check the voicemail through the phone or through IMAP.

Best regards,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: